From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird 1000baseT problem
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 10:53:49
1 On 12 August 2005 04:13, Bob Sanders wrote:
2 > On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:40:12 +0100
3 >
4 > Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
5 > > I am puzzled. First I thought that the Gb NIC on box A is somehow kaput
6 > > but case 1 surely shows it is performing. What the heck is going on here?
7 > > I would be deeply indebted to any person on this list that could shed
8 > > some light on this. Any hint what to investigate would be highly
9 > > appreciated. Really. This has troubled me for the last three days and I
10 > > would go as far as ship you a Windhoek Lager. ;-)
11 >
12 > The long timeout before password is probably DNS not working the port
13 > properly. Just a guess.
14
15 Nope. Same behaviour when using IP addresses.
18 > Have you tried - scp, in both directions?
19
20 Yes, did it now. Surprisingly it transfers data at 2xB/s both ways. Quite
21 different from sftp.
24 > And which nfs? V3, V4? I suggest V4, if not.
25
26 V3 is what nfsstat says. Hmm. I've enabled both, V3 and V4, server- and
27 client-side. How do I force it to use V4?
30 > Have you run top and netstat -rn on both boxes to see what they think the
31 > routing is?
32
33 Routes are alright. Both boxes have a route to the class C network
34 (192.168.254.0/24) they are using.
35
36 Uwe
39 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
40 developers. - Linus Torvalds
41
42 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
43 --