From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] weird 1000baseT problem
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 03:19:50
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:40:12 +0100
2 Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
5 > I am puzzled. First I thought that the Gb NIC on box A is somehow kaput but
6 > case 1 surely shows it is performing. What the heck is going on here? I would
7 > be deeply indebted to any person on this list that could shed some light on
8 > this. Any hint what to investigate would be highly appreciated. Really. This
9 > has troubled me for the last three days and I would go as far as ship you a
10 > Windhoek Lager. ;-)
13 The long timeout before password is probably DNS not working the port properly.
14 Just a guess.
15
16 Have you tried - scp, in both directions?
17
18 And which nfs? V3, V4? I suggest V4, if not.
19
20 Have you run top and netstat -rn on both boxes to see what they think the
21 routing is?
22
23 Bob
24 -