From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] CUPS remote printing drives me crazy
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2018 15:01:14
1 On September 13, 2018 1:55:02 PM UTC, Wol's lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >On 13/09/2018 12:57, Heiko Baums wrote:
3 >>> Wifi isn't the most reliable option.
4 >
5 >> I didn't have a problem yet with printing or scanning over Wifi.
6 >
7 >You're lucky !!!
8 >
9 >Okay, my main problem is the broadband connection that takes out the
10 >router, but my house is NOT wi-fi friendly, and that's pretty typical.
11 >
12 >I will now ALWAYS pick wired over wi-fi if possible. If (as I hope to
13 >do
14 >in the not-too-distant future) I get the chance to design or do up a
15 >house, I would make sure I had hidden wiring in pretty much every room!
16 >
17 >Cheers,
18 >Wol
19
20 Wifi is a shared medium. Which means that if you have other people living nearby, your wifi connection will suffer.
21
22 I managed to pull network cabling through the pipes containing phone and coax cables. This allowed me to wire up the study, living room and server room.
25 Joost
26 --
27 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.