From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash_completion
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:30:49
1 On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 06:10:55PM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida squawked:
2 > >Which version of bash completion? And which version of bash?
3 > >
4 > app-shells/bash-completion-20050121-r10
5 > app-shells/bash-3.1_p17
6
7 Okay, so you are on stable I see.
8
9 > $ complete -p less
10 > complete -o filenames -F _longopt less
11
12 > >if you are in the directory with the README file, what happens if you
13 > >do
14 > >
15 > >compgen -f RE
16 > >compgen -d RE
17 > >
18 > >does it freeze up your computer?
19 > >
20 > No, it just does its stuff as expected.
21
22 how about if you do
23
24 compgen -F _longopt
25
26 It should print out an unsorted list of all the files and subdirs of
27 the given dir. Does it freeze up?
28
29 If it doesn't, we can almost be sure that the problem is not with the
30 bash-completion script itself, since invoking compgen -F _longopt
31 should be the same as when you type "less <tab><tab>" on the
32 commandline. (At the same time, it might put hunting down the exact
33 problem out of my league.)
34
35 You mentioned that it seems to freeze for all completion you tried,
36 have you tried the following:
37
38 unzip <tab><tab> (should just show a list of files ending in zip, ZIP jar, exe, pk3, etc...)
39 xv (a list of image files)
40 qiv (a list of image files)
41 vim (a list of files that are not image files or archives)
42
43 and
44
45 kill <tab><tab> (should return a list of pids)
46
47 can you please try those and report back?
48
49 Best Wishes,
50
51 W
54 suddenly i have this urge to do like keenue reeves did in the matrix:
55 open my eyes and say "i know quantum mechanics". too bad it just
56 doesn't have the same ring to it.
57 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 30 days, 17:18
58 --
59 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list