From: Jorge Almeida <jalmeida@××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] bash_completion
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 2007 22:24:39
1 On Sun, 7 Jan 2007, Willie Wong wrote:
2
3 > On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 06:10:55PM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida squawked:
4 >
5 > how about if you do
6 >
7 > compgen -F _longopt
8 >
9 > It should print out an unsorted list of all the files and subdirs of
10 > the given dir. Does it freeze up?
11 >
12 > If it doesn't, we can almost be sure that the problem is not with the
13 > bash-completion script itself, since invoking compgen -F _longopt
14 > should be the same as when you type "less <tab><tab>" on the
15 > commandline. (At the same time, it might put hunting down the exact
16 > problem out of my league.)
17 >
18 > You mentioned that it seems to freeze for all completion you tried,
19 Not really all kind of completion, but I noticed that it froze on
20 trivial completions (the kind that should work even without
21 bash-completion).
22 > have you tried the following:
23 >
24 > unzip <tab><tab> (should just show a list of files ending in zip, ZIP jar, exe, pk3, etc...)
25 > xv (a list of image files)
26 > qiv (a list of image files)
27 > vim (a list of files that are not image files or archives)
28 >
29 > and
30 >
31 > kill <tab><tab> (should return a list of pids)
32 >
33 > can you please try those and report back?
36 I won't be able to access my home box for a few days. I will try all
37 your suggestions then.
38 Thanks.
39 --
40 Jorge