From: Net Warrior <netwarrior863@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Doubt about FLAG use
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 13:03:33
1 Well, thanks to all of you.
2
3 I've been playing with flags nad seems to do almost what I want.
4 To be the firts time I install gentoo, anyway, things didi not seem s
5 to go the way I wanted, or at least the way I expected to be.
6
7 For example, I installed xfce4, following the guide in the handbook,
8 and for some reasons I cannot use a picture as a background, cuz It
9 has not support for it, the same happened to gqview, If I installa a
10 graphic viewer, it' because ai want to se see graphics files :),
11 after intalling gqview, I could not see a single picture, an ldd to
12 gqview shows that it's compiled against cairo and other system
13 libraries, no trace or jpeg, png,.
14
15 Well, I deinstalled it, add it to the /etc/portage/fie I created,
16 added png, gif, jpeg, tiff and other stuff I related to graphic
17 support I found in /usr/portage/profiles/uses.desc or something like
18 that.
19 Then recomiled it again, now, with gqview I can display png files, and
20 ldd shows it's compiled against lipng, but still cannot see jeg
21 eventhouhgn libjpeg is installed.
22
23 Well, it seems that to get a funcitonal system, I'm still far from it,
24 d not have too much time to play with it, I need my laptop to wor, so,
25 what's the best way to go,?
26
27 Do you think I need to reinstall and start from the begining or start
28 reinstalling and stalling again the software?
31 Thanks you guys or your time and support?