From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] - Code translation tools?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 01:17:10
1 On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 4:35 PM, walt <w41ter@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 01/24/2011 02:34 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hello,
5 >>    I'm wondering if there are any generic sorts of code translation
6 >> tools in portage wherein I could translate from an 'uncommon' language
7 >> no one here is likely to use (EasyLanguage) into C?
8 >>
9 >>    As an example I've attached a little EL function...
10 >
11 > Can't give you a real answer, but that code looks very much like Pascal.
12 > Reminds me of a misspent youth.
15 In 1983 I certainly wasn't a turbo user of Turbo Pascal either... ;-)
16
17 > Is there a definite reason for choosing C instead of something else, e.g.
18 > python?  Just idle curiosity, nothing more.
21 I'm interested in learning a bit about CUDA as an evaluation platform
22 and the tools from NVidia are based around C. (As best I understand.)
23
24 > If I knew a wee bit more about m4 I'm sure I could do it with that alone.
25 > But I'd need to do actual work to learn m4, which is not likely to happen...
28 Thanks!
29
30 - Mark