From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] - Code translation tools?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:37:12
1 On 01/24/2011 02:34 PM, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 > I'm wondering if there are any generic sorts of code translation
4 > tools in portage wherein I could translate from an 'uncommon' language
5 > no one here is likely to use (EasyLanguage) into C?
6 >
7 > As an example I've attached a little EL function...
8
9 Can't give you a real answer, but that code looks very much like Pascal.
10 Reminds me of a misspent youth.
11
12 Is there a definite reason for choosing C instead of something else, e.g.
13 python? Just idle curiosity, nothing more.
14
15 If I knew a wee bit more about m4 I'm sure I could do it with that alone.
16 But I'd need to do actual work to learn m4, which is not likely to happen...