From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No kernel boot after inserting more ram
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 14:27:57
1 An alternative to running memtest (which is quite easy to do, I might
2 add) would be to remove the original RAM and see if the computer boots
3 with the new RAM only.
4
5 Alternatively, you could just run memtest, as it is included with many
6 BIOSs now. It doesn't take long to identify problems, if there are any.
7 I find that test #5 is the best test for finding problems, however it
8 tends to keep you in the dark until it's finished the test.
11 -Hal