From: "José Pedro Saraiva" <nocive@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] No kernel boot after inserting more ram
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:31:51
1 Following your replies I've done the following, in an attempt to isolate the
2 problem:
3 (memory #1 - "old" memory, memory #2 - new memory)
4
5 - Runned memtest on both memories with 0 errors
6 - Booted with both memories... kernel hang
7 - Booted with memory #1 on slot #1 successfully
8 - Booted with memory #1 on slot #2 successfully
9 - Booted with memory #2 on slot #1 successfully
10 - Booted with memory #2 on slot #2 successfully
11 - Booted with both memories on windows successfully
12
13 For some reason, my kernel hangs if I have 2 GB of RAM installed.
14 And I do have High memory support (4GB), although that doesn't seem
15 relevant.
16 Ideas? :X
17
18 Thank you all for the quick replies.