From: Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + HP + Quickmedia
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 02:37:45
1 On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 8:56 PM, Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>wrote:
4 > Well,
5 >
6 > My laptop has 2 video cards INTEL (integrated video card) That's the only
7 > one that works.
8 >
9 > And Ati Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics:
10 >
11 > lspci:
12 > 00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
13 > 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan
14 > [Mobility Radeon HD 5400 Series]
15 >
16 > I tried with switchero but it just only work with INTEL not for ATI, also
17 > I've tried to use just ATI (ati-drivers) package, but when I try to:
18 > X -configure
19 >
20 > it says something like:
21 > Screen found, but driver:
22 > fxglrs (not found)
25 If the Intel video card is working correctly, then you should only need to
26 adjust which driver X uses when it starts. This can be changed within
27 /etc/X11/xorg.conf. The ATI driver should be called fglrx which is
28 installed when you emerge ati-drivers. It's strange that it can not find
29 the driver, though. If it's possible, can you attach the error message? The
30 ati-drivers package also comes with a tool, aticonfig, which may help
31 auto-configure xorg.conf, as well.
34 > I tried following all gentoo wiki about ATI, but it just simply don't
35 > work. I don't care to use both video cards, but I would like to use ATI
36 > insted INTEL.
37 >
38 > If there any way or someone who knows how to solve this, it would be great
39 > for me!
40 >
41 > Regards
42 > --