From: Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo + HP + Quickmedia
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 01:57:33
1 On 15 December 2011 18:44, Matthew Finkel <matthew.finkel@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Carlos Sura <carlos.sura1@××××××××××.com>wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Well, Thank you for your answer Mick, but after numerous test also many
6 >> times I've tried, could't make this happen, because quick media is without
7 >> the HD (or at least I think) because I don't need to get to windows, is a
8 >> OS very light to use, email, navigation, skype and some others things.
11 > Correct, so it should be completely independent of Windows or Gentoo or
12 > whichever OS you have installed on your hard drive.
16 >> Also, I have to delete RECOVERY partition, because it did not work (I
17 >> tried with extended partition, same results)
20 > Those partitions are pretty useless anyway :)
24 >> Now, I'm running Gentoo + Windows 7 (Dual Boot) a little problems, but
25 >> for now, I can work in both systems very well.
28 > Awesome! Glad to hear you have Gentoo working! Just out of curiosity, what
29 > types of problems are you still having?
32 >> Regards
33 >> --
34 >> Carlos Sura.-
35 >> www.carlossura.com
38 > - Matt
39 >
40 > --
41 > Matthew Finkel
44 Well,
45
46 My laptop has 2 video cards INTEL (integrated video card) That's the only
47 one that works.
48
49 And Ati Mobility Radeon Premium Graphics:
50
51 lspci:
52 00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev a5)
53 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Manhattan [Mobility
54 Radeon HD 5400 Series]
55
56 I tried with switchero but it just only work with INTEL not for ATI, also
57 I've tried to use just ATI (ati-drivers) package, but when I try to:
58 X -configure
59
60 it says something like:
61 Screen found, but driver:
62 fxglrs (not found)
63
64 I tried following all gentoo wiki about ATI, but it just simply don't work.
65 I don't care to use both video cards, but I would like to use ATI insted
66 INTEL.
67
68 If there any way or someone who knows how to solve this, it would be great
69 for me!
70
71 Regards
77 Carlos Sura.-