From: Joshua Murphy <poisonbl@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fsck won't work if ac cord not attached?!
Date: Wed, 02 Dec 2009 01:53:06
1 On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > We just want to help you -- that's what the police say before they tase your ass
3 >
4 > On 12/1/09, Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >> meh, you got nothing
6 >>
7 >> On 12/1/09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
8 >>> On Tuesday 01 December 2009 22:19:24 Neil Bothwick wrote:
9 >>>> On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:57:58 -0700, Maxim Wexler wrote:
10 >>>> > Fine, then read what I say and, until you know better, believe it.
11 >>>>
12 >>>> OK, you're right, everyone else is wrong and there's no point in any of
13 >>>> us trying to help you.
14 >>>>
15 >>>
16 >>> Wise Chinese man say: young tempestuous fellow need to bang head on rock
17 >>> many
18 >>> more time before lesson be learned. Allow young man to bang head,
19 >>> obviously
20 >>> he
21 >>> like. Maybe he get head rush?
22 >>>
23 >>> One day he'll realise that he has installed a combination of software
24 >>> packages
25 >>> that just does not do what suits him best. Then he will change it. Until
26 >>> then,
27 >>> well, many happy non-booting returns!
28 >>>
29 >>>
30 >>> --
31 >>> alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
32
33 I *almost* feel sorry for you, after several people here have tried to
34 help, even WITHOUT you giving an actual direct error message that
35 you're receiving beyond the *expected* behavior of the fsck being
36 skipped on boot, and even despite your being belligerent toward
37 several of the most helpful people I've seen on the list overall. What
38 I do fail to understand, though, is why a person would post, asking
39 for help, disregard every bit of help given, and *both* act as though
40 they're being forced to listen to help they didn't ask for *and* as
41 though they're not getting any help at all. If someone gives you an
42 answer that is wrong for the situation as you see it, it typically
43 means one of two things... 1) you didn't give all the details needed
44 for them to understand what you're seeing and to know WHY the answer
45 they're giving isn't correct, which 2) you're overlooking or ignoring
46 something that they're trying to point out in their answer and,
47 despite what you may want to hear, they are in fact correct. Now,
48 a-typically, it's possible you know what's wrong, what's causing it,
49 and the solution, so you can instantly know that answers you're
50 receiving are wrong... but in my experience, in those cases, people
51 don't waste other people's time asking for help.
54 Poison [BLX]
55 Joshua M. Murphy