From: Chuanwen Wu <wcw8410@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to bring down the sync range of your monitor?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 04:22:26
1 2007/1/18, Nelson, David (ED, PAR&D) <David.Nelson2@×××××××××××.com>:
2 > >-----Original Message-----
3 > >From: Chuanwen Wu [mailto:wcw8410@×××××.com]
4 > >Sent: 18 January 2007 14:37
5 > >To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
6 > >Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how to bring down the sync range of your
7 > >monitor?
8 > >
9 > >Obviously,the system detected the frequency itself and my setting of
10 > >HorizSync and VertRefresh have no effect.
11 > >
12 > >So is there anything wrong with my xorg.conf?How to change it?
13 > >--
14 > >wcw
15 >
16 > I'm not sure about for i810 but I know nVidia drivers can use this:
17 >
18 > Option "IgnoreEDID" "True"
19 You mean add this line to where?
20 I add it as below:
21
22 Section "Monitor"
23 Option "IgnoreEDID" "True"
24 Identifier "My Monitor"
25 HorizSync 30 - 60
26 VertRefresh 75
27 EndSection
28
29 But still can't set to 75Hz...
30 > This ignores what the device says and uses your settings. You may want to look at the documentation and see if this (or something similar) is available for i810 chips.
31 >
32 > djn
35 > --
36 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list