From: Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Debian just voted in systemd for default init system in jessie
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 13:49:13
1 On 2014-02-20 7:08 PM, Daniel Campbell <lists@××××××××.us> wrote:
2 > By striking the weakest part of the stack (sysv probably*did*
3 > need a good replacement, but not one as ambitious as systemd) and
4 > digging down into the kernel level (kdbus), Red Hat devs will now have a
5 > very influential role in the FOSS world. This will in turn generate
6 > interest (and thus profit) in Red Hat.
7
8 I sure wish someone who has Linus' ear would ask him to post a blog (or
9 even lkml post) dissecting this entire systemd question.
10
11 Or, if anyone on here is a member of the lkml and is brave enough, post
12 a question there asking for opinions from Linus and any other kernel dev
13 who wishes to rant about it...
14
15 As it stands now, for me, I don't see a real problem anymore...