From: Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "de Almeida, Valmor F." <dealmeidav@××××.gov>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] FW: cluster health monitoring
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 07:27:20
1 On Monday 23 October 2006 22:08, de Almeida, Valmor F. wrote:
2 > Hello list,
3 >
4 > I thought this question would also make sense here.
5 >
6 > Thanks for any inputs.
7 >
8 > --
9 > Valmor
10 >
11 > > -----Original Message-----
12 > > From: de Almeida, Valmor F.
13 > > Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 1:39 PM
14 > > To: 'gentoo-cluster@g.o'
15 > > Subject: cluster health monitoring
18 > > Hello list,
19 > >
20 > > I am looking for a health monitoring software for a gentoo cluster.
21 >
22 > Any
23 >
24 > > inputs from personal experiences would be valuable.
25 > >
26 > > Lately I had an air conditioning failure over the weekend in my
27 >
28 > cluster
29 >
30 > > room and the temperature went up to 95F for a couple of days; wonder
31 >
32 > what
33 >
34 > > was the temperature inside the nodes... I have hddtemp installed and I
35 >
36 > was
37 >
38 > > thinking about writing a python script to send me e-mails when the hdd
39 > > temperature is over 100F. Before I do that, I wonder what is already
40 > > available for monitoring the system's health.
41 > >
42 > > Thanks in advance.
43 > >
44 > > --
45 > > Valmor
46
47 one option is nagios.
48
49 Gunther
50 --
52 Hans-Gunther Borrmann <hans-gunther.borrmann@×××××××××××××××.de>
53 Rechenzentrum der Universitaet Freiburg
54 Hermann-Herder-Str. 10, D79104 FREIBURG
55 Tel.: +49 761/203-4652
56 Fax: +49 761/203-4643
57 --
58 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list