From: Wols Lists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Being Facebook member: How to anon?
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:46:42
1 On 23/10/17 14:56, Stroller wrote:
2 > There are quite granular settings to allow anyone but friends to see or post on your timeline - I was quite impressed by how much privacy appears to be available to users. I suspect this allows you more privacy from you family and colleagues than it does from Facebook, though.
3
4 I won't touch facebook. "how much privacy appears to be available to
5 users" - I get the impression that privacy is denied to non-users! How
6 ironic - in order to tell facebook not to track you it's not enough just
7 to have nothing to do with it - you have to create an account and give
8 it loads of info you don't want it to have, in order to tell it not to
9 use that info!
10
11 One reason I trust Google much more than facebook - at least on Google
12 everything *defaults* to *closed*, rather than defaulting wide open!
13
14 Cheers,
15 Wol