From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge new package for no reason??
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2006 07:54:20
1 On Saturday 09 September 2006 03:41, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Saturday 09 September 2006 04:25, Dale wrote:
3 > > Yea, I know about aim being gone.  My wife uses this once in a blue moon
4 > > and she !HAS! to have aim.
5
6 Can't she use Gaim, Kopete, etc. - or is the GUI important for her?
7
8 > Well, if you don't care about that it is no longer supported you can always
9 > download the ebuild from cvs [1] or copy it from /var/db/pkg/net-im/aim and
10 > put it in your overlay.
11 >
12 > [1] http://viewcvs.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo-x86/net-im/aim/?hideattic=0
13
14 There remains of course the issue of security holes that may be discovered but
15 not reported, or fixed, as already mentioned.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick