From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to expand ext4 partition
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2022 00:47:25
1 If it's a WD Red Plus on the label then it's CMR and good. If it's WD
2 Red without the "Plus" then it's SMR and WD has said don't use them
3 for this purpose. It's not impossible to run the WD Red in a RAID, but
4 they tend to fail when resilvering. If it resilvers correctly then it
5 will probably be OK at least in the short term but you should consider
6 getting a couple of Red Plus and having them on hand if the plain WD
7 Red goes bad.
8
9 HTH,
10 Mark