From: "Holger Wünsche" <diegoldeneenteml@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ext4 root-partition mounted read-only as "type none"
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2016 21:03:49
1 On 14 September 2016 22:42:06 CEST, Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >On Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Holger Wünsche
3 ><diegoldeneenteml@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> I installed gentoo bun ran into some problems:
5 >> - the root-partition is read-only but shown as read-write when
6 >directly booting into gentoo,
7 >> - the type of the root-partition is "none",
8 >> - when only mounting the root-partition using a gentoo live-cd all
9 >other partitions are shown as mounted too and
10 >> - neither /dev, /proc, sys, run nor /tmp are mounted.
13 >How many of these problems are replaced simply by replacing /etc/mtab
14 >with a symlink to /proc/self/mounts?
15
16 While it does not solve the problem as such (it still does not mount any partition but the root-partition in read-only) it explains, why I got these strange outputs.
17
18 I think the problem might be fstab or the point, where the initramfs gives controll to the kernel. Since if I am not mistaken (I just say what I recall reading while searching for a solution) the initramfs just gets the system running and then the kernel should remount the root-partition.
24 Holger Wünsche