From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Pseudo first impressions
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2017 23:59:45
1 On 04/29/2017 10:28 AM, J. Roeleveld wrote:
2 >
3 > I found on several systems that using "--backtrack=100" actually resolved the latest blockers with perl.
6 I find doing `emerge --oneshot --nodeps perl` then `perl-cleaner --all`
7 was faster. Portage would chug for over five minutes on some of my
8 machines trying to resolve the dependencies. By the time it figured out
9 what it wanted to do, the manual way I used was almost finished.
10
11 (Do note the CPU is slow on the machines I use but compiling is done
12 with distcc so that was done relatively quickly.)
13
14 Dan