From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: /usr/share/doc/openrc/net.example not found
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 02:54:53
1 On 12/15/2012 02:08, Nuno J. Silva wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-15, Chris Stankevitz wrote:
3 >>
4 >> PS: I'm trying to find a way to prevent dhcpd from updating my ntp.conf
5 >
6 > dhcpd? Don't you mean dchpcd (the c stands for *client*, dhcpd would be
7 > the DHCP daemon granting leases to clients)?
8 >
9 > If so, and if you don't mind using the same settings for all network
10 > interfaces, have a look at /etc/dhcpcd.conf, which has an option "option
11 > ntp_servers". I'd guess that disabling this would do what you want.
12 >
13 Actually, you can use /etc/conf.d/net to turn off receiving NTP
14 configuration for just one interface, if you want. The `dhcp_IFACE`
15 parameter takes several values, one of which is `nontp`, which will do
16 exactly that. For example:
17
18 config_eth0="dhcp"
19 dhcp_eth0="nontp"
20
21 When you find the net.example file, you'll find that documented under
22 GENERIC DHCP OPTIONS, about midway through the file.
23
24 Regards,
27 ♫Dustin