From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Decoding the mouse
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:17:44
1 Hi,
2
3 my old mouse died. She became 12 years old...what a young soul... ;)
4
5 Today I had to buiy a new one (Logitech MX518,wired).
6
7 This one has a laser a some additional buttons to play with.
8
9 General question: Are these buttons free for assigning any function
10 to them (do they send "button 4 on mouse was pressed") or do they
11 codes which represent a (very small) part of a USB-keyboard (sending
12 "Page Up" of keyboard was presses) and how can I access these
13 additional buttons?
14
15 Thanks a lot for any help in advance!
16 Best regards,
17 mcc
20 Please don't send me any Word- or Powerpoint-Attachments
21 unless it's absolutely neccessary. - Send simply Text.
22 See http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html
23 In a world without fences and walls nobody needs gates and windows.