From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem about rc-update
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 15:16:14
1 On 08/04/2010 12:15 AM, Chen Huan wrote:
2 > Hi,everybody, I got a very very strange problems.
3 >
4 > I have install gnome, and when I try to add xdm to default runlevel, use
5 > command "rc-update add xdm default", it is normal
6 >
7 > and output of rc-update show is right
8 >
9 > but when I restart computer, the xdm doesn't auto start, when I log in the
10 > system, and exec "/etc/init.d/xdm start", it is started normally
11 >
12 > There is no any information about xdm when the system starting......It is
13 > very strange...Could somebody help me...
14 >
15 > And NetworkManager and alsasound have the same problem.....
16 >
17 > here is the ouput of rc-update show:
18 >
19 > procfs | boot
20 > modules | boot
21 > local | nonetwork default
22 > net.lo | boot
23 > alsasound | boot
24 > xdm | default
25 > swap | boot
26 > udev | sysinit
27 > savecache | shutdown
28 > mount-ro | shutdown
29 > termencoding | boot
30 > netmount | default
31 > dmesg | sysinit
32 > consolekit | default
33 > devfs | sysinit
34 > root | boot
35 > urandom | boot
36 > udev-postmount | default
37 > consolefont | boot
38 > hostname | boot
39 > NetworkManager | default
40 > vixie-cron | default
41 > fsck | boot
42 > syslog-ng | default
43 > sysctl | boot
44 > mtab | boot
45 > bootmisc | boot
46 > killprocs | shutdown
47 > localmount | boot
48 > hwclock | boot
49 > keymaps | boot
50 >
51 > And I am using operc-0.6.1-r1 and baselayout-2.0.1
52
53 That is strange. I don't have the answer, but I could offer a
54 suggestion. You might want to try "rc-update del" the services that are
55 having trouble and then adding them back in. You might want to use
56 "rc-update -s -v" for your runlevels and see if there's anything broken.
57 They'll be reported at the top of the list. Good luck.