From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: accented characters in KDE apps
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 13:10:56
1 Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > 120226 Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
4 >> Am Sonntag, 26. Februar 2012, 03:32:58 schrieb Philip Webb:
5 >>> In Gvim I can enter 'e-umlaut' via the keystrokes 'control-k e : ', ie
6 >>> ë . Kate has a Vi mode, which seems to reproduce Vim fairly well,
7 >>> but there's no sign of 'control-k' or any substitute.
8 >>> KDE System Settings has a menu for setting a compose key,
9 >>> but tests with 'left-control' & 'pause' in Konsole & Kate did nothing.
10 >>> I tried in Kate with Luxi Mono & Courier(IBM), Konsole with LM &
11 >>> Fixed(Misc). I don't have the KDE desktop pkgs installed, but use many
12 >>> apps & it shouldn't make a difference.
13 >>> Does anyone know if & how accented characters cb entered in KDE apps ?
14 >> google is your friend.
15 >> http://userbase.kde.org/Tutorials/ComposeKey
16 >
17 > Yes, I saw that, but ...
18 >
19 >> Typing Macrons, Umlauts, Accents, ...
20 >> The compose key will be now whatever you have configured it to be,
21 >> e. g. right logo.
22 >
23 > ... as I said above, it doesn't work.
24 >
25 > Thanks for trying, but please read the full msg before doing so (smile).
26
27 On a German keyboard layout I type AltGr+ü and then the letter: äöüïëÿ
28
29 Cheers,
30 Jörg