From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Most important packages to save buildpkg of
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 07:36:55
1 On Sunday 21 January 2007 17:55, Dale wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Every once in a blue moon I screw up something. I don't know why I
5 > am telling you this. I come here mostly for help. LOL So you
6 > already now that. I have buildpkg set in make.conf. It does tend to
7 > consume some space though. What is say the top ten or twelve
8 > programs that would be good to have in case of a rescue? I would
9 > assume portage, gcc and python would be pretty important. I plan to
10 > delete the rest for space.
11 >
12 > Since I figure some of you have more experience, I thought I would
13 > ask you folks. What is really needed to rescue from a serious
14 > borking of a Gentoo install?
15
16 Everything in system - it all has to be there anyway
17
18 Then anything else you consider that's a major pain to emerge -
19 openoffice, koffice, kde and Xorg come to mind. This isn't necessary,
20 just makes life more convenient if and when you need it
21
22 alan
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list