From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] LVM2+mdraid5+LUKS+systemd (was Re: LVM2+mdraid+systemd)
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 14:31:01
1 On Sep 23, 2013 3:22 AM, "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at> wrote:
2 >
3 > Am 23.09.2013 10:00, schrieb Stefan G. Weichinger:
4 >
5 > > Getting that unit-name right is quite annoying ... fiddling with
6 > > understanding that strange escaping etc ... :-(
7 >
8 > I have now:
9 >
10 > # cat /etc/systemd/system/dev-disk-by\\x2did-dm\\x2dname\\x2dswap.swap
11 > [Unit]
12 > #After=systemd-cryptsetup.service
13 > After=systemd-cryptsetup@××××.service
14 >
15 > [Swap]
16 > What=/dev/disk/by-id/dm-name-swap
17 >
18 > see the comment, I tried both because the swap was not activated after
19 > boot but it is when I manually start it.
20 >
21 > I only have:
22 >
23 > # systemctl | grep cry
24 > cryptsetup.target loaded active active Encrypted Volumes
25 >
26 > so I edited the dependency. This gave me encrypted swap once already
27 > after manually starting the swap-unit.
30 > But after booting it still generates another swap.service which makes
31 > the new unit fail or run into a timeout.
32 >
33 > # systemctl | grep swap
34 > dev-mapper-swap.device loaded inactive dead start
35 > dev-mapper-swap.device
36 > systemd-...p@××××.service loaded active exited Cryptography
37 > Setup for swap
38 > swap.target loaded active active Swap
39 >
40 > oh my ... Glad to have enough RAM for now ;-)
41 >
42 > for the records: no swap-stuff in fstab ...
43
44 Did you read my next email? There is no need for the extra swap unit. I was
45 missing a couple of kernel options and to compile LVM2 and cryptsetup with
46 some USE flags. Everything works as expected; but you need to put the swap
47 in fstab.
48
49 Regards.