From: james <garftd@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Question about gentoo-sources kernel release versions
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2020 23:55:57
1 On 2/9/20 4:08 PM, Michael Jones wrote:
4 > On Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 3:04 PM Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com
5 > <mailto:gentoo@×××××××.com>> wrote:
6 >
7 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?limit=0&order=changed
8 > <https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?limit=0&order=changeddate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=Gentoo%20Linux&query_format=advanced&resolution=--->
9 >
10 > Apparently better than it used to be. The last time I surveyed
11 > bugzilla
12 > itdate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=Gentoo%20Linux&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
13 > <https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?limit=0&order=changeddate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=Gentoo%20Linux&query_format=advanced&resolution=--->
16 > Corrected hyperlink:
17 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/buglist.cgi?limit=0&order=changeddate%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=Gentoo%20Linux&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
22 Hello,
23
24 Any tricks to product these lists, that are current can truncate/filter
25 off the oldest, so we can see what's going on?
26
27 On 2/4/2020, I also tried to get some momentum going with updating
28 (maintainer wanted) some packages, and got no responses on that thread.
29 Here are the (2) links I referenced.
32 https://qa-reports.gentoo.org/output/maintainer-needed.html
35 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Proxy_Maintainers/User_Guide#Proxied_Maintainer_gets
38 Perhaps a focused effort, including some new volunteers, could bring
39 many of the packages up to eapi-7 while fixing many minor issues with
40 the vast majority of these
41 (bug) packages?
42
43 Perhaps GSOC (Google Summer of Code) could/should spend a summer on
44 cleaning up these packages in the distro?
45
46 Sure the many of the wonderful folks that visit gentoo-user would
47 participate, just a little bit?
48
49 Perhaps a concerted effort/document/examples on how to bring eapi-5/6
50 packages up to eapi-7? A document with a few examples?
51
52 Perhaps all of this exist and I just missed it?
55 curiously,
56 James