From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Impossible question... Swithcing from "no multilib" to "multilib"
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:22:35
1 On Thursday 22 July 2010 10:19:21 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 07/22/2010 12:56 PM, Andrea Momesso wrote:
3 > > That's impossible, isn't it?
4 > >
5 > > Swithcing profile and reemerging everithing isn't gonna work? Even from a
6 > > chroot?
7 > >
8 > > Should I reinstall a new stage from scratch? Adobe stopped providing
9 > > flash for linux 64 bit, and I some of the sites I need to visit for work
10 > > need it. Mantaining a chroot is not worth the effort, so I really want
11 > > to switch.
12 > >
13 > > Thank you in advance.
14 >
15 > emerge www-plugins/nspluginwrapper and this will make 32bit Flash work
16 > in 64bit browsers.
19 Except when it doesn't :-)
22 It works for me, reasonably stable, but with much higher than expected cpu
23 usage.
24
25 Other users report not being so lucky, very much a case of YMMV
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com