From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Missing keyword. Overlay question too, maybe.
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2022 16:34:55
1 On Sat, 2022-02-19 at 10:20 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 >
3 > Thanks to both for the info.  Looks to me like they would test these
4 > packages in a local overlay first then move when major arches are
5 > ready.  To each his/her own.  I was hoping to use the more recent
6 > version and not have to update for a while.
9 That works well for smaller packages the maintainer can test himself,
10 but when you need to ask *other* people to test for you, you get better
11 results the easier that is.