From: Grant Taylor <gtaylor@×××××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way forward? - Update 2 - SUCCESS! - CURRENT!!!
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2021 04:10:08
1 On 3/8/21 5:59 PM, antlists wrote:
2 > As I remember, you always had to use eselect to switch versions ... and
3 > witness all the chaos with python at the moment ...
4
5 I don't know.
6
7 > If you leave things "at the default", doesn't that screw you over when
8 > python/kernel/gcc etc upgrade and a depclean deletes your original
9 > default version? Or is that now fixed so you can't mess things up that way?
10
11 I've not changed the kernel yet. I didn't knowingly have any problems
12 with Python changes /related/ /to/ gcc.
13
14 My Python problem was that my make.profile was pointing to the old
15 portage directory that was still back at last March while emerge was
16 using a newer incrementally updating version of portage. -- I consider
17 this to be my fault.
22 Grant. . . .
23 unix || die