From: antlists <antlists@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the best way forward? - Update 2 - SUCCESS! - CURRENT!!!
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2021 00:59:43
1 On 08/03/2021 23:16, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 >> I don't remember what it was at the start, probably 8.<something> or
3 >> 9.<something>. I did see 9.3 somewhere along the way. gcc -v says
4 >> that 10.2.0 is currently installed.
5
6 > It means you probably spent a lot of time compile gcc versions only to
7 > carry on using the old version, but as you said, this wasn't about
8 > efficiency. You were going to emerge -e @world at the end anyway, which
9 > would get everything built with the latest toolchain.
10 >
11 As I remember, you always had to use eselect to switch versions ... and
12 witness all the chaos with python at the moment ...
13
14 If you leave things "at the default", doesn't that screw you over when
15 python/kernel/gcc etc upgrade and a depclean deletes your original
16 default version? Or is that now fixed so you can't mess things up that way?
17
18 Cheers,
19 Wol