From: Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] app-admin/system-config-printer-gnome-1.3.12 not building
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 17:48:02
1 2013/6/16 Arttu V. <arttuv69@×××××.com>
2
3 > On 6/11/13, Francisco Ares <frares@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hy,
5 > >
6 > > I've got a problem related to system-config-printer-gnome-1.3.12 not
7 > being
8 > > able to be built. The build process stops with the log bellow. Its
9 > bottom
10 > > line says it was impossible to download :"
11 > > http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd" , which I've
12 > > succeeded to download using wget with no extra parameters.
13 > >
14 > > Any hints?
15 >
16 > Answering late to this post since nobody else has. AFAIK the DTD files
17 > should never get downloaded. Instead they should've been installed
18 > automatically by your favourite $PACKAGEMANGLER from a dependency of
19 > that GNOME package. Then the local copy should be automatically used.
20 >
21 > Try
22 >
23 > emerge -1 app-text/docbook-xml-dtd:4.1.2
24 >
25 > then retry whatever you were doing. This should re-install and
26 > re-register the 4.1.2 DTDs. If it doesn't work then at least you
27 > hopefully get new error messages pointing towards the real cause
28 > behind the broken DTD catalog.
29 >
30 > (You could also have a look into the files inside /etc/xml and
31 > /etc/sgml, especially the file named catalog. I think I remember a
32 > case where one person or his system had somehow cleared the local DTD
33 > registry.)
34 >
35 > --
36 > Arttu V.