From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and offline messages
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2010 17:07:39
1 Dale wrote:
2 > Yohan Pereira wrote:
3 >> On Sunday 10 October 2010 8:48:52 pm Dale wrote:
4 >>> [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
5 >>> contactnotes groupwise handbook highlight history nowlistening pipes
6 >>> privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview yahoo
7 >>> zeroconf (-aqua) -debug -gadu -jabber -jingle (-kdeenablefinal)
8 >>> (-kdeprefix) -latex -meanwhile -msn -oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms
9 >>> -testbed
10 >>> -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup"
11 >> [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-4.5.2 USE="addbookmarks autoreplace
12 >> contactnotes handbook highlight history jabber jingle nowlistening pipes
13 >> privacy ssl statistics texteffect translator urlpicpreview v4l2 yahoo
14 >> (-aqua) -
15 >> debug -gadu -groupwise (-kdeenablefinal) (-kdeprefix) -latex
16 >> -meanwhile -msn -
17 >> oscar -otr -qq -skype -sms -testbed -webpresence -winpopup -zeroconf"
18 >>
19 >>> Is this Yahoo, Kopete or what? Thanks.
20 >> works perfectly here with invisible users on yahoo. maybe try pidgin or
21 >> something to rule out a fault with kopete.
24 > I installed pidgin and it works so it must be a Kopete thing. Just
25 > wonder what that is. I re-emerged Kopete just to see if that would
26 > help and it didn't. I prefer Kopete because that is where all my past
27 > chats are saved.
28 >
29 > Anybody know what could cause this? Could it be something Kopete
30 > built on that pidgin doesn't use?
31 >
32 > Thanks.
33 >
34 > Dale
35 >
39 I figured it out. At some point during the upgrade some of the contact
40 info got deleted. Most importantly the contact name. It can't send a
41 message without the IM name. lol
42
43 Now to figure out how to get that back. o_O
44
45 Dale
46