From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] K3b complains about my locale
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 21:29:51
1 On Thursday 29 May 2008, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > When I crank up K3b, it complains about my setup, with the message
3 >
4 > "System locale charset is ANSI_X3.4-1968
5 > Your system's locale charset (i.e. the charset used to encode
6 > filenames) is set to ANSI_X3.4-1968. It is highly unlikely that this has
7 > been done intentionally.
8 > Most likely the locale is not set at all. An invalid setting will
9 > result in problems when creating data projects.
10 > Solution: To properly set the locale charset make sure the LC_*
11 > environment variables are set. Normally the distribution setup tools take
12 > care of this."
13 >
14 > It is correct that this is not intentional (it does seem antique). I have
15 > configured .mybashrc to set my LANG to "en_US", but nothing beyond that.
16 > What "distribution setup tools" is it referring to, so that I can correct
17 > this on gentoo?
18
19 What have you set up in your /etc/locale.gen ?
22 Regards,
23 Mick