From: Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: font management software
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:24
1 > And of course, you can download fonts from any of those font collection
2 >
3 pages on the net and extract/copy them into /usr/share/fonts/TTF
4 > (assuming they're truetype, naturally), run fc-cache and they'll work
5 > fine. I had an attack of fontmania recently myself, looking for 'nice'
6 > fonts that weren't ComicSansMS that actually had ë, ö, ¤ (that's the
7 > Euro symbol, if you can't see it), and *also* had bold and italic
8 > variants (which was the problem).
11 Yes, sure I can do it manually. Something to manage 2000+ fonts would be
12 handy though, opening and closing KFontViewer for each and every of those
13 2000+ fonts is a bit inefficient. Also, it would be neat to have the fonts
14 sorted into groups when searching for what font to use.
15 (I know I'm a fontoholic).
16
17 Regards,
18