From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wiki Howto: Xorg and Fonts, did I fatally screw up the directions?
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 13:05:44
1 Hi,
2
3 On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:54:34 -0700
4 Rob <europa100@×××××××.net> wrote:
5
6 > I wonder about this, because I enable the xtt module in my
7 > /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I get an error message that the xtt module
8 > cannot be found. Using slocate I confirmed that xtt is nowhere to be found.
9
10 It's not compiled on gentoo, AFAIK. For that reason xorgconfig has a
11 dummy entry for it - it _theoretically_ can be compiled from the xorg
12 sources. xtt is a little bit outdated, AFAIK. I'd suggest using
13 freetype instead - although it doesn't do artifical weights and slants
14 of the fonts. If you really, really need xtt, you'd have to make an
15 overlay ebuild and add that relevant line to the "host.cf"-generation.
16
17 -hwh
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list