From: Rob <europa100@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wiki Howto: Xorg and Fonts, did I fatally screw up the directions?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 21:00:22
1 The first thing I am not certain of is my recompilation of Xorg using
2 the suggested USE flags. I put the new USE flags in /etc/make.conf and
3 then issued the command: "emerge -N xorg-x11". Will that work, or do I
4 have to do the emerge with "emerge --newuse --enable bitmap-fonts
5 truetype-fonts type1-fonts" explicitely? Perhaps my understanding of
6 USE flags is wrong for recompiling packages.
7
8 I wonder about this, because I enable the xtt module in my
9 /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but I get an error message that the xtt module
10 cannot be found. Using slocate I confirmed that xtt is nowhere to be found.
11
12 I would ask the same question for compiling freetype and the fonts
13 suggested.
14
15 In any case, Windowmaker runs as superuser, but fails as a simple user.
16 It claims it can't find any fonts.
17
18 I guess I haven't gotten to first base yet.
19
20 Thanks,
21
22 Rob.