From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problems installing on Thinkpad X41 Tablet
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 04:48:28
1 On 10/5/06, Henk Boom <lunarc.lists@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > If I go into the shell, I can see that /dev/sdb1 and /newroot both
3 > exist, and manually running "mount /dev/sdb1 /newroot/" (with and
4 > without -t vfat) gives the same error message:
5 > mount: Mounting /dev/sdb1 on /newroot/ failed: Invalid argument
6
7 Hmm, I haven't booted of a minimal CD in awhile, so I'm not sure
8 whether the included kernel includes all the right drivers for the USB
9 media and filesystems.
10
11 Does /sys/block/sda/dev exist? (you might need to "mount -t sysfs
12 sysfs /sys" if /sys isn't mounted at this point)
13
14 Does /proc/filesystems contain vfat? (Again, might need "mount -t
15 proc proc /proc")
16
17 -Richard
18 --