From: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
To: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fire the fox.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:02:39
1 On 19 September 2010 10:09, Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Apparently, though unproven, at 00:28 on Sunday 19 September 2010, András
3 > Csányi did opine thusly:
4 >
5 >> On 19 September 2010 00:14, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
6 >> > Is it just me?  Or does Firefox get slower every release?  And less
7 >> > stable.
8 >> >
9 >> > I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons (xmarks,
10 >> > AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing.  Seg fault
11 >> > sometimes.  I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems, and it does
12 >> > not help to clear the profiles (rename ~/.mozilla)  and re-emerge.
13 >> > Grrrrrr.
14 >>
15 >> Use Chrome/Chromium. At my gentoo the fox won't even start. I don't
16 >> know why, I won't to know why... I'm tired about Firefox. :S
19 > If you run Firefox from a terminal, do you get an error about xpcom?
20 >
21 > If so, you need revdep-rebuild and possibly re-merge nss.
22 > It's all in the build elogs.
23
24 Hi Alan,
25
26 I have tried to start from terminal, but no message. I have tried to
27 run after revdep-rebuild but nothing. I have installed binary version
28 but the result was the same.
29 After these I have tried strace and if I remenber correctly it stopped
30 with segmentation fault. Unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem
31 because few days ago I changed my system from 32 bit to 64 bit. Here
32 everything is working fine according firefox.
33
34 I know I should have report it but, that time, I was really tired
35 emotionally. :(
38 - -
39 --  Csanyi Andras (Sayusi Ando)  -- http://sayusi.hu --
40 http://facebook.com/andras.csanyi
41 --  "Bízzál Istenben és tartsd szárazon a puskaport!".-- Cromwell