From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: "András Csányi" <sayusi.ando@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fire the fox.
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2010 08:09:21
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 00:28 on Sunday 19 September 2010, András
2 Csányi did opine thusly:
3
4 > On 19 September 2010 00:14, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > > Is it just me? Or does Firefox get slower every release? And less
6 > > stable.
7 > >
8 > > I got myself up to the latest, and I cannot install my 4 add-ons (xmarks,
9 > > AdBlockPlus, Noscript, Stumble-upon) without it crashing. Seg fault
10 > > sometimes. I've got ECC memory, and no reported problems, and it does
11 > > not help to clear the profiles (rename ~/.mozilla) and re-emerge.
12 > > Grrrrrr.
13 >
14 > Use Chrome/Chromium. At my gentoo the fox won't even start. I don't
15 > know why, I won't to know why... I'm tired about Firefox. :S
18 If you run Firefox from a terminal, do you get an error about xpcom?
19
20 If so, you need revdep-rebuild and possibly re-merge nss.
21 It's all in the build elogs.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com