From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The pound sign
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 22:13:49
1 On Wednesday 05 January 2011 15:50:48 Mike wrote:
2 > No you wags, not "#", I mean a real "£"!
3 >
4 > I'm having a tiny bit of trouble with my Gentoo install. I have two
5 > machines, a desktop and a laptop and on both I have set the keymap in
6 > whichever config file it should be set in (/etc/rc.conf?). Result is
7 > that on a vtty I can login and use my keyboard quite happily.
8 >
9 > I have also set the config in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ to set my keymap for
10 > X and all is mostly goo and well there too. I get a UK keymap and I can
11 > type quite happily in my windows.
12 >
13 > The slight problem is that if I launch LXterminal and try trying it in
14 > the terminal, all the keys are fine with the execption that £ (shift+3)
15 > actually prints a question mark "?". The interestig thing is that
16 > somewhere in LXterminal's settings, there is a text input box. And if I
17 > do a shift+3 in this box, I get a £. It's only the actual terminal
18 > where it doesn't work. All the other keymapping in the terminal works
19 > fine. I've noticed this irritation afflicts both my desktop and laptop
20 > and dispite various Googling, I can't find anytthing that describes this
21 > irritation.
22 >
23 > Does anyone have any ideas why this might be?
24 >
25 > Cheers,
26 > Mike.
27