From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to unmount bind-mounted /dev?
Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 07:55:41
1 On Sunday 01 May 2011 00:48:38 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Mark Shields writes:
3 > > On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org
4 > >
5 > > <mailto:wonko@×××××××××.org>> wrote:
6 > > I just wrote:
7 > > > Thomas Ulrich Nockmann writes:
8 > > >> try 'umount -l /32/de'
9 > > >
10 > > > Cool, this does the trick!
11 > >
12 > > But it does not help :( After unmounting /32/dev, I can finally
13 > > unmount /32, but now the fsck fails:
14 > >
15 > > weird ~ # fsck -Cf /dev/mapper/32
16 > > fsck from util-linux 2.19
17 > > e2fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
18 > > fsck.ext3: Device or resource busy while trying to open
19 > > /dev/mapper/32 Filesystem mounted or opened exclusively by another
20 > > program?
21 > >
22 > > lsof and fuser report nothing. I guess I will have to reboot then.
23 > >
24 > > Try a lazy umount, or forced umount?
25 > >
26 > > # umount -f
27 > > # umount -l
28 >
29 > The lazy unmount was Thomas' hint already and worked, the partition is
30 > no longer mounted. But I cannot fsck it, it is still in use. cryptsetup
31 > luksClose works neither.
32 > It's no big trouble, but still I'm curious why this is.
33 >
34 > Wonko
35
36 Asking the obvious: could this message be there because this partition is
37 still mounted? Did you check that this partition has been unmounted from all
38 mount points, both original mount point and bind-mount?
39 --
40 Regards,
41 Mick