From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] Finding other machines on the network
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 15:08:11
1 Holly Bostick <motub <at> planet.nl> writes:
4 > James schreef:
5
6 > > Say 'Hello, to my little friend'
7
8 > > arpscan
9
10 > > http://ish.cx/~jason/arpscan/
11
12 > > Sure would be nice if is was ported to an ebuild......
13
14 > Some reason you can't submit one to b.g.o (if that hasn't been done
15 > already)?
16
17 Hello Holly,
18
19 I'm not sure what 'b.g.o.' refers to, (sorry I don't get out much).
20
21 If your saying that why don't I make a formal request, well, I
22 figure I've already requested too much
23 (jffnms, updated zoneminder, netenv) None of which is completed (unmasked).
24 I figure I've worn out my welcome at gentoo.*....
25
26 I've been 'schooled' several times that I need to read up on creating
27 ebuilds, and start contributing (actually I agree with this sort
28 of public spanking...)
29
30 Contributing ebuils is on my to_do list, but, I have yet to
31 get a project completed. I'm a little 'gun_shy' as to receiving
32 another disertation on my ineptness.......
33
34 So when I'm confident that I can contribute ebuilds, I'll let your
35 and the 'greater gentoo' community know.
36
37 Somebody else what looking for a solution to finding ethernet based
38 hardware on a 802.3 wiring topology. As an espiring emebedded hack,
39 I often get minimal stacks working with the mac address. So I have
40 experience with ARP (much more than most are interested in).
41
42 Arpscan can be useful.
43
44 So my reply should have been truncated....(again another scolding
45 well deserved)......
48 New Answer:
49
50 arpscan