From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gtkam getting on my nerves, again.
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 21:03:33
1 walt wrote:
2 > On 02/02/2013 06:45 AM, Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> (gtkam:10897): Gtk-CRITICAL **:
5 >> gtk_file_chooser_default_set_current_name: assertion `impl->action ==
6 >> GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_SAVE || impl->action ==
7 >> GTK_FILE_CHOOSER_ACTION_CREATE_FOLDER' failed
8 > Now that one looks suspicious. The only idea that comes to mind is that
9 > gtkam for some reason is trying to save to some place you don't have
10 > write privileges, like / or /run, maybe. That's where I would trot out
11 > strace, which will allow you to see exactly where gtkam is trying to
12 > write when it fails.
13 >
14 > The other trick I use is to create a new user with a new home directory
15 > and try running gtkam from that account. Often I find that the new user
16 > doesn't see the same bug as my normal user, so at least I know the problem
17 > is somewhere in my home directory, and strace will narrow the scope of
18 > my debugging even more.
19 >
20 > The "-y" and "-e file" flags for strace are very handy for this kind of
21 > debugging problem.
25 Just so happens I have a test user. I logged out and then logged in
26 with the test user. It did the same thing. I can say, I have never
27 even tried to use gtkam as that user. I told it to save some pics to
28 /home/dale2/Desktop and it saved them to /home/dale2/ again. It still
29 ignores my settings.
30
31 I tried something else too. I have a separate partition for my
32 backups. I changed the permissions for it and tried to save some pics
33 to that, it still tries to save to /home/dale/ and even complains that
34 they already exist, since they are their from the last time. So, saving
35 to /backup doesn't work either. It still wants to save to /home/dale no
36 matter what I do.
37
38 So, since it does this as two different users, is this a program error?
39 I'm going to google some more but not real sure what to look for. I'm
40 also going to check the group file to see if something has been added
41 there that I need to be a member of. I'm going to try a older version
42 of gtkam too.
43
44 Any more ideas?
45
46 Thanks.
47
48 Dale
49
53 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!