From: Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to mask or remove new ebuild
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 15:26:54
1 On Jul 22, 2017 22:06, "Rich Freeman" <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 8:43 PM, Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > KDE Appear to be a nightmare, because every 'emerge --sync' I do to
6 solve
7 > > other problems, if KDE base has an updated version issued, and you,
8 > > acidentaly, need to install any other KDE packages that you don't have
9 > > installed yet, you suffer with a lot of dependency updates problems.
10 > >
11 > > De fato, you need to update whole KDE base.
12 >
13 > As long as you aren't trying to mix keywords you should generally end
14 > up with compatible versions without a lot of hassle. Now, if you want
15 > to install some random ~arch kde packages on an otherwise-stable
16 > system then you might run into problems.
19 > > Now I need to install Kdevelop-5.1.0, and emerge are asking to install
20 kde's
21 > > dependencies' version 5.7.1. My installed versions are 5.6.2. But emerge
22 > > even it I masked those packages, refuse to install.
23 >
24 > It sounds like you're running into a qt update issue (I assume you're
25 > talking about qt here - your description isn't very specific).
26 >
27 > If so, I suspect this will help you:
28 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Qt/FAQ#Solving_the_block
29 >
30 > I'd have to dig up the reason behind this - there was an issue that
31 > prevented portage from being able to figure out how to resolve this
32 > one on its own.
33 >
34 > You probably should have run into this a while ago when running a
35 > regular emerge -uD world.
36 >
37 > --
38 > Rich
41 I understand, but I've updated my system 15 days ago. I don't want to
42 re-emerge all KDE stuff again and spends 2 days.
43
44 Because I don't know, if upgrading qt-core won't leave my whole system to
45 break, and emerge will start asking to update kde-base, because qt-core
46 require new kde-base.
47
48 Are there a way to roll back emerge-sync? Because emerge-sync clean my old
49 ebuilds and I can't mask the new ones, because I don't have the old ones.
50 This appear to be the best solution.
51
52 For while I've learnt some things about Gentoo, ever save old ebuilds,
53 never run emerge-sync only to upgrade firefox-bin and last, never emerge
54 packages without --oneshot, wether this packages isn't very very important.
55
56 And new, KDE appears to become a nightmare to have on pc. It's beautiful
57 but is "terrificful".