From: "Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <gentoo@×××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Status of a GIT repository
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2017 10:28:42
1 В письме от среда, 20 декабря 2017 г. 17:04:33 +07 пользователь Helmut
2 Jarausch написал:
3 > Hi,
4 > I have no experience with GIT.
5 >
6 > I'd like to determine if a GIT repository in Gentoo is up-to-date.
7 > Normally, a GIT folder has a '.git' subfolder. Using 'git status' in
8 > such a GIT folder works fine.
9 >
10 > But the subfolders in /usr/portage/distfiles/git3-src don't contain a
11 > '.git' subfolder.
12 > A plain 'git status' in such a subfolder doesn't work - I get "fatal:
13 > This operation must be run in a work tree".
14 >
15 > Is there a means to determine the status of a Gentoo-GIT-folder?
16 >
17 > Background: I'd like to check if anything has changed in the GIT
18 > repository before I run an 'emerge -u' for that.
19 >
20 > Many thanks for a hint,
21 > Helmut
22
23 1) there is no "Gentoo-GIT-folder". The things in $DISTDIR/git3-src is called
24 "bare" repositories (i.e. it is that ".git" folder itself, without "unpacked"
25 work tree, like you have in $PORTDIR)
26 2) Although, all the ways to check it would be too hard for your purpose.
27 3) but there is nice tool for your purpose: it's called `app-portage/smart-
28 live-rebuild`.
29 So, just emerge it, and then just run `emerge @smart-live-rebuild` (it
30 provides special virtual set) periodically. It will perform all the checks for
31 you.