From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] List of base system packages
Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 23:31:29
1 On 01/02/13 23:52, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
2 > On 2/1/2013 03:17, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
3 >> So I finally got an SDHC card for my Raspberry Pi.
4 >> I'll be preparing a base system on my desktop before booting the Pi
5 >> with it (I know there's a stage3 available, but don't want to use it).
6 >>
7 >> How do I get the list of packages which are required for a complete
8 >> successful boot?
9 >>
10 >> --
11 >> Nilesh Govindrajan
12 >> http://nileshgr.com
13 >>
14 > Depending on how much you want your Raspberry Pi to do, you may find my
15 > blog post on this subject useful `Minimalist Gentoo for the Raspberry
16 > Pi`__. I discuss how to cross-compile a minimal system (i.e. no Portage
17 > or gcc, just what you need to boot up). The first section lists the
18 > smallest set of packages you need for this.
21 > __
22 > http://dustinhatch.tumblr.com/post/38118003177/minimalist-gentoo-for-the-raspberry-pi
26 Also worth keeping in mind is avoid the ext series of file systems, on
27 a 4G card I ran out of inodes a few times when compiling add-on
28 packages. Rather disastrous ... either create using options to maximise
29 inodes or use something better.
30
31 BillK