From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] List of base system packages
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2013 03:10:13
1 On Sat, Feb 2, 2013 at 5:01 AM, William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au> wrote:
2 > On 01/02/13 23:52, Dustin C. Hatch wrote:
3 >> On 2/1/2013 03:17, Nilesh Govindrajan wrote:
4 >>> So I finally got an SDHC card for my Raspberry Pi.
5 >>> I'll be preparing a base system on my desktop before booting the Pi
6 >>> with it (I know there's a stage3 available, but don't want to use it).
7 >>>
8 >>> How do I get the list of packages which are required for a complete
9 >>> successful boot?
10 >>>
11 >>> --
12 >>> Nilesh Govindrajan
13 >>> http://nileshgr.com
14 >>>
15 >> Depending on how much you want your Raspberry Pi to do, you may find my
16 >> blog post on this subject useful `Minimalist Gentoo for the Raspberry
17 >> Pi`__. I discuss how to cross-compile a minimal system (i.e. no Portage
18 >> or gcc, just what you need to boot up). The first section lists the
19 >> smallest set of packages you need for this.
22 >> __
23 >> http://dustinhatch.tumblr.com/post/38118003177/minimalist-gentoo-for-the-raspberry-pi
27 > Also worth keeping in mind is avoid the ext series of file systems, on
28 > a 4G card I ran out of inodes a few times when compiling add-on
29 > packages. Rather disastrous ... either create using options to maximise
30 > inodes or use something better.
31 >
32 > BillK
37 ext never worked good for me, xfs fan here :D
40 Nilesh Govindrajan
41 http://nileshgr.com