From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rsync from ext3 to vfat?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 07:55:16
1 On Fri, Feb 17, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > NOTE: To others discussing the various positives and negatives of
3 > Windows file systems please note that I had no choice in the matter.
4 > The only thing this piece of equipment accepts on it's USB port is
5 > VFAT.
6
7 If you run into any unreadable files when reading it on the
8 destination equipment, it's possibly due to incompatible filenames.
9 Try mounting vfat with check=strict and possibly changing the codepage
10 to whatever the destination system wants it to be.
11
12 If you don't use symbols or excessively long file names or extensions
13 I think it should be fine. (I think there's a 256 character full
14 path+filename limit as well on Windows systems)